Information we collect
We may collect personal information from you when you visit our Site, register on the Site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, or use certain other features of the Services. The personal information we collect may include your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, and other information that you voluntarily provide to us.
We may also automatically collect information about your device and usage of the Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. The information we collect automatically may include your IP address, device type, browser type and version, operating system type and version, mobile device ID, and other unique identifiers. We may also collect information about how you use the Services, such as the pages and content you access, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the Services.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the personal information we collect for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our services and products;
- Process and complete transactions, and send related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events offered by XM6 and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and services;
- Personalize and improve our products and services, and provide content and features that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on our website or in our stores;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud, illegal activity (such as incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites and social media pages), and claims and other liabilities, including by enforcing the terms and conditions that govern the services we provide; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, legal process (including subpoenas and court orders), and our policies.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With your consent or at your direction;
- With service providers, affiliates, and other third-party partners who perform services on our behalf, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, and other services;
- With business partners to jointly offer products, services, contests, or promotions;
- To comply with legal obligations, such as in response to a subpoena, court order, or other valid legal process;
- To enforce our policies or contracts, including investigation of potential violations;
- To protect the rights, property, and safety of XM6, our customers, and others; and
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, financing, or sale of all or a portion of our business, or to protect our rights or property, or those of our affiliates or others.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
You can opt-out of receiving marketing and promotional emails from us by following the instructions provided in the emails. You may also opt-out of certain types of cookies by adjusting your browser settings. However, disabling cookies may prevent you from accessing some features on our website.
We take reasonable measures to help protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old. In the event that we discover we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 years old without verification of parental consent, we will immediately delete that information. If you believe we have collected information from a child under the age of 13 years old, please contact us immediately.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices, we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email
- Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only those individuals have enforceable rights against data users but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
Please note that email communications are not always secure, so please do not include sensitive information in your emails to us.